This bracket screws onto the back of the Preston HU-3 focus handset
It gives you a 32mm x 26mm top platform at a 10 degree slope.
Available in 6 colours
Preston HU-3 Monitor Bracket
This bracket comes in kit form. To buy this kit
As all the parts are printed together in one go, they will all be one colour, including the end caps but you can buy a separate set of colour coded end caps here………………….
To complete the bracket you will also need;
In the UK, I have found Westfield Fasteners a good source for UNC nuts and bolts and the links above are to their site.
1. Carefully separate the thumbwheels and caps from each other and the main body
Use side cutting pliers or a sharp knife and be sure to remove all of the supporting sprues.
2. Sometimes slight 3D printing variation means that the fit of the bolts in the printed holes is a little too tight.
If this is the case and the fit is a little too stiff then just widen the hole slightly by pushing a 1/4" bolt back and forth through the
hole until it can slide easily or you can use a drill and 1/4” bit.
3. When you slide the bolts into the thumbwheels, ensure the bolt head is sat all the way down at the bottom.
Sometimes there can be a small build up of excess printing powder on the inside corners of the thumbwheel, so if that’s the
case, just scrape it away before you put the bolt in. This will ensure enough room for the cap to screw into place.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER (refer to the pictures below)
1. Firstly try the fit of the screwcaps in the thumbwheels before fitting the bolts. Make sure you are happy that the threads of the cap and thumbwheel slide against each other smoothly.
2. The Monitor Thumbwheel is fitted first, as shown in the picture below, on the left
3. Once the Monitor Thumbwheel is in place, you can slide the other thumbwheel under the curved ridge. Once the screw is pushed through this thumbwheel and the bracket, it becomes captive and also holds the other monitor thumbscrew captive.
4. Screw on the end caps. Once you’re happy that the cap screws on smoothly, you can put a spot of cynoacrylate glue (superglue/Krazyglue) on the cap thread to make the fit permanent.